Saturday, January 1, 2011

December 30, 2010

This is actually a journal entry from December 30, 2010.

Today, I dream of summer. Today, I also dream of heaven, of no more pain, of no more mistakes, of no more sorrow or tears, of no more brokenness. Today, I dream. Today, I hear things with my ears and see things with my eyes that others may not hear or see. I hear a sweet song sung by crickets and frogs, and I even feel the warm, humid air of summer. I feel its kiss on my skin, almost like a promise of something wonderful. I feel absolute joy as I leave this life and enter into the next, in my dream anyway. I feel absolute peace as every meaningless thing is laid down never to be picked back up. Today, I fee that heaven is like summer's perfect weather when the sun's warmth seems to kiss my skin, but instead of the sun it's the Creator of the Universe. And the weather isn't the only thing that's perfect. Everything is perfect. My friends and loved ones are perfect. Everything around me is absolutely perfect. Even I am one hundred percent perfect. There are no worries. There is no fear. It feels like that first jump or dive into a pool or lake when summer begins, but it's so much more. It's absolutely indescribable. All I can do is fall to my face, my face not my knees, and cry out to the God who cared when I didn't, who loved when I couldn't, who saw when I was blind, who believed when I wouldn't, and all I can do is pour out my praises to Him in unintelligible sobs. And what's even better than anything else I've mentioned is how He wipes every tear away like the sun wipes away the drops of water on my body from swimming in a pool. Only this is more immediate. This is more loving and warm. This is heaven, my absolute perfect day forever. It's every day of summer magnified to ultimate perfection and peace. It's the end of all pain, the beginning of perfect life eternal. It's God smiling down on me and saying, "Well done, My good and faithful servant," and it feeling more lovely and warm than any sun ray I could ever imagine.

Though I realize there may be much to do before I truly see this day and live it, I can still dream; and, whenever I do dream, my lips will slowly and carefully say, "Jesus, hurry..."

No comments:

Post a Comment