Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thirty Day Blog Challenge: Day 1

1. Your middle name and how you feel about it.

Kathleen. That's my middle name. When I was younger, I used to think it was a beautiful name, and I couldn't understand how people hated their middle names. I loved my mine. Well, as I grew older, I grew to dislike it and the flow it gave to my name. Oh, it flows well with the rest of my name. It just makes me sound like I'm from the 1920s, which gives even more validity to the thought that I was born in the wrong time. Though I may say I'm not a huge fan of my middle name, and though I may try to hide it (even though it's clearly on my facebook for all to see), I kind of like it. It's kind of cool to have a name that can be thought of as a throwback to the 1920s. Of course, it's only cool for so long, but it's still cool for some time.

While, my middle name may make feel more like I was born in the wrong time, I'm glad I wasn't. The fact that my name sounds old gives me more understanding that there is indeed a true reason I was born in this time, for this time. Though you may help to make me feel almost a century misplaced, middle name, I wouldn't have any other middle name. It goes well with the rest of my name, and I still actually think it's kind of pretty despite the fact it kind of sounds like a grandma's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment