Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Bible Day 1

For any of you that have ever seen me open my Bible, especially to certain chapters or pages, you'll notice that I've marked and highlighted and written notes all over the pages. Some people may find me absolutely strange for that or a bit obsessive. Some people may just believe that's not what you should do with your Bible. And that's all fine and dandy. People are entitled to their own opinions. For me, writing in my Bible, marking it, highlighting it, etc., is just a way to make it more personal, more mine. It's my Bible and no one elses'. One passage may speak volumes more to me than someone else. Or something may speak volumes to someone else, and I just don't get it. Don't worry. I'm not going all Thomas Jefferson with my Bible. I keep all of it, not just the parts I like. And I don't add or take away.

So I've decided to start going through my Bible and writing down the notes I've put down. I'm hoping to blog about it every day that I can. This is more for me than anyone else, but, if you enjoy it, awesome.

Today, I'm starting with the things I've written in my Bible before it actually starts. I'm writing down the things I've put on the cover page basically. Here we go:

-Hate is easy. Love takes courage.
-Proverbs 14:10 - "Each heart knows its own bitterness, and no one can share in its joy."
-Formula for prayer:
1) big-ups to God
2) heart-felt thanks for the blessings you've been given
3) laying down burdens for others and their needs
4) getting to your own stuff
God isn't a "thanks for the favor" friend.
-revolve devos
-How He loves us all
-NO FEAR
-NO RETREATS
-NO RESERVES
-NO REGRETS
-I can't do this alone. Jesus is right by my side.
-I don't have to do this alone. Jesus is right by my side.
-It is well. Through the storm I am held.
-Actions speak louder than words. If actions don't speak, words are useless. They mean nothing.
-He is jealous for me, loves like a hurricane. I am a tree bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy. All of sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me.
-See
-Do
-Hear
-Say
-Go
-Savior, He can move the mountains. My God is mighty to save.
-No guilt in life. No fear in death. This is the power of Christ in me. From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny. No power of hell, no scheme of man can ever pluck me from His hand. Til He returns or calls me home, here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
-Live knowing that God is loving enough to listen to you and big enough to care for you in your pain.
-Let nothing stand in the way of you and God's will for your life.
-Sometimes pain and suffering are the central emotions of our hearts. We can't avoid pain and suffering, but we can control how we respond to them.
-God is love.
-Someday, someday, someday, someday... Peace and joy and happiness, no more sorrow, someday...
-"I love you. I love you with a deep, passionate, alluring love. My love for you isn't based on what you've done, but what I've done for you." -what Jesus would say to me according to David Platt
-Clothed in rainbows of living color, flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder: Jesus, Your name is power, breath, and living water, such a marvelous mystery.
-"The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Psalm 118:6
-Love is not against the law.
-Jesus, hurry...
-Hate is easy. Love takes courage. (again; apparently I needed another reminder)

And that's all there is, as of now, before I actually get into the actual Word of God.
I think this is going to be really cool for me, just to go through my Bible and see what I wrote and try to remember why and what I was feeling. I've looked at a few of these passages I've really marked up over and over; but some I haven't looked at in a while. This is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment