Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Secret


I could easily tell you my secret on this simple blog. I could easily explain to you every intricate detail. But, for fear of who may see, for fear of who may ask, I dare not share it. Not here, not now.

I could tell the world and later, deny it. No one would really care much anyway, unless they just dreamed of being confused. Who dreams of that? I guess someone with the same secret that I have could have those dreams. After all, what is our life but one big pile of confusion?

I've been told that it would be better to get this secret out into the open. I've been told to open the doors and let the sun shine in on this secret. Still, I've kept it in the dark, no matter how much pain it has and will cost me. I've kept this secret for myself. Why burden more people with this? Are there not enough people burdened by this secret, some with my secret?

No, no else can know. I must keep this inside, even if it kills me, and it could I suppose. I know I have a breaking point. At some point, I'll reach it. At some point, my secret will be exposed, and I will break down completely. Someone will help. There's always someone; but, for now, this is my secret, my deepest, darkest secret. No one can know.

It's possible that I'll get better all on my own, but it's not very likely. I don't believe that it will happen. This, this secret, is my thorn in the flesh. I cannot worry someone else with my problem. It's my secret, it's my problem to deal with.

Don't worry. I'll be okay. Just trust me. I know the secret, and it's very likely that you do not. I carry the burden, and I have, unfortunately, laid part of the burden on others. I apologize for that. You didn't need that on top of the many problems you probably already have in life. I should have kept this to myself because it's my secret, and it's not yours to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment